BluNET - Home of Ultimate Twitch Bot

collapse
Attention
FORUMS ARE CLOSED. For support visit Discord

Poll

How would you like multi-channel support to work?

Merged Channel Data(Easiest & Quickest)
Separate Channel Data(Harder, takes longer)
Optional Merged or Seperated Channel Data(Hardest, Might never get done?)

Author Topic: Voice your opinion: Multi-Channel Support  (Read 1332 times)

SeeingBlue

• Administrator
  • Admin of all this
    • View Profile
    • BluNET
  • Twitch ID: SeeingBlue
Voice your opinion: Multi-Channel Support
« on: August 11, 2015, 11:10:07 AM »
I am trying to decide how to best handle multichannel support in a way that is useful for most people, but won't take forever to accomplish.

The easiest implementation would be to just merge all accounts from all channels into one and send ads, commands, games etc to all connected channels.

The harder way to do it would be to allow users to keep accounts, commands, games etc seperated per channel so you have the option to allow or disallow something for a specific channels.

Then of course the best option is the hardest thing to do.  Allow users to choose between option 1 & 2.

Ultimately the path chosen will determine how long it takes to implement, but that's not to say if we add option 1 now, that 2 won't come available in the future.

So cast your vote. How do you plan to use multi-channel support?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 11:12:09 AM by SeeingBlue »
Want the Latest News?

Follow me on Social Media for News on BluNET & Ultimate Twitch Bot.

vertex101

• UTB Control Group
    • View Profile
  • Twitch ID: vertex101
Re: Voice your opinion: Multi-Channel Support
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 06:48:08 PM »
The way i would say to do it would be to have all the commands for every channel and then somewhere have the option where you can disable certain ones with like using a drop down box with the list of channels and then say write it to a database or file then the program reads from that file to check if they are able to use the command within that channel but that is just throwing what i know out there

LawlyPopzz

• Crazy But Intelligent
    • View Profile
  • Twitch ID: lawlypopzz
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 07:33:08 AM »
The way i would say to do it would be to have all the commands for every channel and then somewhere have the option where you can disable certain ones with like using a drop down box with the list of channels and then say write it to a database or file then the program reads from that file to check if they are able to use the command within that channel but that is just throwing what i know out there

this could also be done by combining the account.db and utb.db then name the utb.db of the name of the channel then each channel has a db file??

jerdunis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 12:34:49 PM »
Optional - It is BEST! I would love this <3
Separate - Personaly I vote for Separated function. I am looking for loaylty Twitch bot that have multi-channel function and separate accounts will be great.
Merged - .meh (not for me, I need twitch bot that have different viewers accounts for different channels - butt still better then other twitch bots, that have not multi-channel support).

I can imagined that are people like friends, that have similar viewers, so Optional function for sharing or not sharing database (loalty points etc) it will be nice.

Sorry for my poor english.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 12:40:41 PM by jerdunis »

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Support BluNET

Enjoy UTB, the Twitch stream, want to support BluNET? Please consider a donation or benefit from a Subscription!

or

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 2
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal