BluNET - Home of Ultimate Twitch Bot

Author Topic: Song Request - Suggestion  (Read 3476 times)

rektfestclub

• View Profile
Song Request - Suggestion
« on: April 12, 2016, 05:00:11 AM »
I noticed with the recent update that you plan on adding song request in, I am 100% all for it. I think it'll be a great addition to the bot itself, which I use religiously.

Now the thing with song requests is that they can be very chat spammy; for instance we look towards Ankhbot's system; they have, and you'll notice that every time someone adds a song to the queue - the bot will relay what's been added in the chat - which is can make it hard for broadcasters when needing to read chat effectively.

Getting to the point here, I suggest having an option if the user wishes for the bot to relay in chat what songs have been added to the queue, I'm sure you'll come up with your own twist on it but please make an option to have it chat muted or not, like a toggle.

One of the main reasons why I use your bot and consider donating to support your work is mainly because the bot itself gives me the options for just about every feature to toggle chat mute such things as follower messages, welcome messages, and custom commands.

I hope you understand the point I'm trying to get across, thank you for your time you took to read this and hopefully you'll consider my suggestion if not already.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 05:02:32 AM by rektfestclub »

SeeingBlue

• Administrator
  • Admin of all this
    • View Profile
    • BluNET
  • Twitch ID: SeeingBlue
Re: Song Request - Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 09:13:55 AM »
Not to worry, UTB will always be developed with this philosophy in mind. Completely customizable.
Want the Latest News?

Follow me on Social Media for News on BluNET & Ultimate Twitch Bot.

rektfestclub

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 09:26:42 PM »
This is why I love your work.
:')

neuneu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 12:29:43 PM »
Hey there,

i'd like to use this thread,  don't need to create another one  ^^

i know two systems of songrequest,   the one in Nightbot,  and the one in Angbot ( this one again ! )

in nightbot,  i use time to time,  if my list is empty,   it's completely silent...    no playlist
In Angbot,  if the user playlist is empty  the bot play a  pre-listed playlist automatically until a viewer do the command

do you intend to do the same with UTB ?

Neuneu
(bot name : WoWs_fr)

SeeingBlue

• Administrator
  • Admin of all this
    • View Profile
    • BluNET
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 10:02:36 PM »
Song Request will eventually have the ability to auto populate tracks based on a search query and customizeable parameters.
Want the Latest News?

redrumovie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 12:34:59 PM »
Hi,

I also have a small suggestion regarding the song request.

Would it be possible to have the viewers pay currency to use the song request?
Because I have lots of people just joining the stream, requesting a troll song, and then leaving again. (I'm currently using Nightbot for this)

I'd want the song request to be some kind of "privilege" for my more loyal viewers. Also, it would be a fine way to spend their currency, as there's no real customizeable shop yet.

SeeingBlue

• Administrator
  • Admin of all this
    • View Profile
    • BluNET
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 08:43:01 AM »
Hi,

I also have a small suggestion regarding the song request.

Would it be possible to have the viewers pay currency to use the song request?
Because I have lots of people just joining the stream, requesting a troll song, and then leaving again. (I'm currently using Nightbot for this)

I'd want the song request to be some kind of "privilege" for my more loyal viewers. Also, it would be a fine way to spend their currency, as there's no real customizeable shop yet.

Already done.
Want the Latest News?

Konti

• View Profile
  • Twitch ID: konti1
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 12:10:02 PM »
I have a question, because I couldn't find the answer.

How to use Song Requests?? Do I need to download something else to activate it?? It has to be launched somewhere so I can play the music from it, but I don't see anything. I love point system for requests because like redrumovie said, there are many trolls that join streams and playing some weird or not kind songs.

Waiting for answer, regards - Konti.

SeeingBlue

• Administrator
  • Admin of all this
    • View Profile
    • BluNET
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 04:48:37 PM »
I have a question, because I couldn't find the answer.

How to use Song Requests?? Do I need to download something else to activate it?? It has to be launched somewhere so I can play the music from it, but I don't see anything. I love point system for requests because like redrumovie said, there are many trolls that join streams and playing some weird or not kind songs.

Waiting for answer, regards - Konti.

It's not out yet.
Want the Latest News?

Konti

• View Profile
  • Twitch ID: konti1
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 07:21:04 AM »
Oh. Thank you for information and sorry for taking your time :)